Monday, October 30, 2006

Budgeting

Okay, so I proposed a budget and with it an addendum that explains both generally and categorically each piece of my budget for my mom because, let's face it, I am a terrible budgeter. I did a little research on several sites that showed up when googling "college budgeting tips." My mom was unsatisfied with how i dealt with my finanances the first two months of college, and I will admit that it is true, so I decided to, under her instruction, propose a budget. The addendum was my idea- an attempt to explain my budgeting, and I feel that my budget is not only far more conservative but also far more reasonable.

The key I think to learn from this is that I need to control my finances. I know I can but sometimes it's hard. I see something I like and it's difficult not to buy it, especially when I have the money. I'm working on keeping track of each penny I spend and sometimes it's hard to reconcile but I must. I know this will help me in the future, and thankfully I can learn right now when it won't be as terrible as it will be.

Well that's college life.

No comments: