Saturday, February 18, 2006

BYU Bound

Well, this fall I will be going to BYU, and I have a lot of things I hope to accomplish, so I figured I'd write them out for your viewing pleasure.

-Revamp the drumline- BYU's drumline is decent, but could be really amazing if they worked in a disciplined way. I have to go up there and make sure that they go from lackluster to amazing, and I plan to do all I can to make myself and the line the best ever. Yeah, it's a big thing, but I want to do it really badly, because drumming is my passion. I don't know how that will all go down yet, but I guarantee you it will go down.

-Not pay for a haircut- basically, I'm going to meet a lot of girls at BYU, and I have one advantage over most guys in that I'm younger, so the girls don't have to worry about me leaving six months after I meet them. Now, I won't be looking for any girlfriends, I just want to find girls who know how to cut hair, and in return for a date/homework help, I get a haircut. Or they give it to me out of the sheer goodness of their heart.

-Become campus wide- in otherwords, get my face out there, make sure people know who I am. I want to be seen, and remembered. Not sure what it will take yet, but I figure if I can find something to lead, maybe give a big speech, organize a rally, something that will bring people to me, and I can do other stuff that brings me to people: go to parties, etc. I need to be likeable, which I am for the most part, so this should be something I can do.

-Get a job- I'm going to be taking minimum hours at BYU, so I will have some extra time to get a job to help finance various things. Supposedly, working for the campus is awesome, but I can probably find something off campus locally that will work out better for me. Who knows how that'll go. It'll be influenced by whatever I do over the summer, that's for sure.

- Prepare myself- For a mission, really. I need to get really well acquainted with the scriptures and Preach my Gospel. I need to hang around people who are uplifting, go to church, all that good stuff. Keep my grades up, save money, learn how to cook (well, I know that pretty well, but y'know, college style), fine tune all of my people skills, and basically polish up.


that's all I can think of. Any suggestions?

No comments: